Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bitter Sweet

Returning to finalize and say goodbye

Civil Affairs Office

It's official
July 3rd we returned to the Civil Affairs office to promise not to abandon this beautiful gift of ours and finalized her adoption. Two hours later we arrived at the gates of the Huainan SWI for Kerry Wa to say goodbye. We were greeted by many curious faces. Kerry's Believe In Me preschool teacher picked her up and held her tight as tears streamed down her face. Her foster sister had just returned that morning from college and was so sweet and happy to see her and sad to say goodbye. She told Quinn to make sure we take good care of her and to be strict with her if she is naughty. She gave us her email so we could keep in touch and send pictures. We spent time in her classroom as she was surrounded by her friends,teacher, foster mom and sister giving last minute advice and love. Kerry Wa was so sad as she said goodbye to all the people that have loved her since she was left at the gates of this orphanage as a dying newborn. I was so happy to see how much she was loved, but hurt to see the pain in her face as she was leaving. Even though she knew she was an orphan and was prepared to come home with us, I was amazed at how brave she was. At the end of the visit, we pulled away leaving behind three women who will always be remembered for giving our girl love. I didn't look back, but Robert told me they were huddled together comforting one another. On the ride home, she was still, but allowed me to comfort and hold her. Words cannot express the sadness I could feel as I held her limp body. To have loved and lost. We will be here for her now and love her forever and I believe they will always be in each others' hearts. I thank God for this and for our sweet, smart little girl. She bounced back and put on a good front, but in her eyes I could see the sadness. Lucky is a good word. We are Lucky to have our Kerry Wa.
Teacher saying goodbye
classroom and teacher
foster mom (also a nanny in baby room) and sister

foster sister
WaWa will be missed

WaWa will miss them

Younger Believe In Me children

Would have taken her home if they let us =)

This is not the place for a child to live their life; She deserves a forever family too.
More pictures from the day are on the link:
http://kerrywacomeshome.shutterfly.com/

Looking in the window as we got ready to leave....your mom is coming soon!
She has a family and we gave her a letter from them.

3 comments:

  1. I am sitting her sobbing as I read your post. It is amazing how much this child was loved. What a blessing for your family. I'm sure there will be many days of sadness from losing what Kerry has known to be her Family, but she now has a "Forever Family" that will love her Forever and Ever! I am so happy for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I had prepared myself for this, it was one of the hardest things to go through as a mom; knowing what the future holds but she doesn't yet. Thanks for sharing our story.

      Delete
  2. So happy to see she is loved by so many. I pray that our girls are loved as well.

    ReplyDelete